[tex-live] texlive 8

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Wed Feb 5 13:33:11 CET 2003

On Wed, 2003-02-05 at 14:29, Karl Berry wrote:

> One other thought -- this may be heretical, but does anyone actually use
> the "live" part of TL?  I know that I at least have always simply copied
> the whole thing to my disk.  CD is too slow and inconvenient.

I agree :-}

> If we had only an installable system, everything could be compressed and
> a lot more would fit.

aaargh. IFFFFFFF we had a portable installation system,
it would all be OK! but we dont. Yes, we have all had this conversation
a thousand times, and many people have their
favourite candidate system, but.....

so yes, in theory. just don't say that it means everyone
has to use .rpm/.deb/.tar.gz/.zip/.cab.....