[tex-live] Re: [texhax] Trying again: can't find pdflatex.emft

Kaja P. Christiansen kaja at daimi.au.dk
Mon Dec 15 11:54:44 CET 2003

Alan T Litchfield writes:

 > I am hoping that someone has encountered this problem before and been
 > able to solve it.
 >
 > I installed the TeXLive 2003 for powerpc darwin onto MacOS X (10.3.1).
 > When I run pdflatex, latex, pdftex or whatever I get a variation of
 > this error message:
 >
 > > "I can't find the format file `pdflatex.efmt'!"

This problem has been reported for other platforms too. Here is
a 'hack' which will hopefully solve it; let me know if it worked for you.

>From the Terminal window, run the program:

    fmtutil --all

fmutil will create (or recreate) all formats which are present
in the global configuration file.

I'm copying TeXLive mailing list in case someone has a better suggestion...

Kaja