[tex-live] rc-0819 notes

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau at supelec.fr
Wed Aug 20 17:29:51 CEST 2003

> error: Running latex ....  File not found: .\etex.exe latex: can't
> find the target .\etex.exe (???)

This is due to a bug I have introduced in irun.exe . I have uploaded a
new set of fixed binaries. I urge people to test installation and run
things like pdflatex.exe in various (win32) environments.

There is one problem with eomega : the unix version is 1.23, whereas
Giuseppe would like us to distribute the 1.15 version. I have fixed the
source tree but I fear that it is too late.

> 2. mk4ht.exe (made from mk4ht.pl) is missing.

Ok, I can fix that but my runht.exe provides a couple of other
interesting options ;-)

> 3. I found that we have
> now a small perl library, but without perl.exe (as I understand,
> perl58.dll serves only for precompiled .pl scripts).

All the files seems to be available at least on the latest demo image.

>  4. format
> generation for pdflatex and context failed (comme toujours log fichers
> sont envoy\'e \`a Fabrice).

Because of first error.

Thanks (as usual),

Fabrice