[tex-live] [OT] Urgent help needed

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Aug 13 17:08:27 CEST 2003

On Mit, 13 Aug 2003, Karl Berry wrote:
>     Does on of you have an idea?
>
> Yes.  You have:
>
> \gdef\egroup{{#2}}%

I just found it out. HOW stupid I am! I generated this from a mysql
table and, yes, the field is called `egroup'. WHat a pity.

Thanks a lot in any case!

> Do not redefine \egroup :).  That's defined in plain.tex as an implicit
> begingroup character.

Yes yes. This solved all the problems.

>     One more question: How can I trace opened groups/closed groups, because
>
> I tried \tracingall\tracingonline=0 and running with elatex, which gives
> the maximum tracing I know of, but even that does not really describe
> the group nesting, as far as I can see.  Too bad.

Not necessary. The problems are solved by the above fix.

Best wishes

Norbert

Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at>         Technische Universität Wien
DUGGLEBY (n.)
The person in front of you in the supermarket queue who has just
unloaded a bulging trolley on to the conveyor belt and is now in the
process of trying to work out which pocket they left their cheque book
in, and indeed which pair of trousers.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff