[tex-live] binary states

Staszek Wawrykiewicz staw at gust.org.pl
Tue Aug 5 06:29:12 CEST 2003

On 4 Aug 2003, Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

> there are also a set of symbolic links in the bin directory, so you can
> refer to i386-freebsd with no version if you prefer

So I've changed MakeImages.sh, since we have also another layout
of Master/bin/ and building "demo" failed here (#3571).
I also added copying tex-xemtex.tmp to collection/ for Fabrice.

> 1) install programs. more or less OK, though Staszek wants a change to
> the demo <R> setup

Yes, please! I don't know how to do that ;-)
In short: "demo" cd contains already texmf-var/web2c with good updmap.cfg
(it was made while preparing the .iso image), but <R> setup builds
texmf-var from scratch and copies updmap.cfg from the main texmf/
and tries to rebuild map files with some warnings (some map files
are missing).
I'd suggest just to make copy ready made texmf-var/ from the cd.

As for new binaries:
i386-solaris2.8 - missing:
info
infokey
install-info
makeinfo
texi2dvi
texindex

Sebastian, please remake lists/ for binaries, as ht* scripts and
some links are still missing so cannot be found on the cds.

Many thanks,

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
StaW at gust.org.pl