[tex-live] TL8 timetable etc.

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Wed Apr 23 13:00:57 CEST 2003

There are three things holding up a release of TL 2003:

 a) agreement on source tree, and recompilation. All I can is suggest
that we freeze in the last week of May regardless,
and recompile then. Personally, all I care about is that pdftex is
stable and uptodate; things like Knuth's 3.1234455667889 would be a
luxury.

 b) the installation programs. we know the Unix/Linux
 one is broken (I blame the damnable hateful horrible "unzip"),
 and it looks like Windows one isn't right either

 c) documentation.

The only one of those that I can fix is b), and that's
my priority when I get some time in about 10 days. a) will
depend on what Olaf and Thomas recommend at the appropriate
time. c) must depend on someone else picking up the
maintenance of the documentation entirely.