[tex-live] Problem with TeXlive compilation

Piet van Oostrum piet at cs.uu.nl
Tue Apr 8 16:24:39 CEST 2003

Hello TeX-live developers,

I tried to compile TeXlive from sources yesterday on  SunOS 5.8, and
got a problem with permissions:
In texlive/source/TeX/utils/texinfo/doc the files stamp-1 and
stamp-vti did not have write permissions, and the make command failed
on it. Actually I got the errormessage on stamp-vti, so I am not sure
about stamp-1 being a problem. After changing the permissions the
make completed without errors. I guess most files are read-only
because they are meant to be on CDROM.

I got the source from CTAN systems/texlive/Source/source.tar.bz2
(time stamped March 2).

Regards,
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet at cs.uu.nl>