[tex-live] Re: install TeXLive7: multiple entries in list files: tar permission error

Kaja P. Christiansen kaja@daimi.au.dk
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 18:01:23 +0200

Hendri Hondorp writes:

 > the *.list files in /tmp/.tmp_inst.XXXX have a multiple entries of the
 > same filename. For example the file tex-latex.list contains 5 entries
 > named bin/sparc-solaris2.7/latex.
 >
 > Because of this I get a lot of 'errors' from gtar during the installation
 > about permissions, this is because the file is already installed.
 >
 > It looks like the .list files are 'cat' which a previous one with the same
 > name.
 >
 > Has someone seen this before? Can it be fixed?

I observe the same behaviour when running the install-cd.sh script under
my user name (my site installation was run as root and gave no problems).

Whether the multiple entries in the .list files are intended, I don't know.
But I think it would make sense to make the files on the CD image
owner-writable.

Kaja