[tex-live] install TeXLive7: multiple entries in list files: tar permission error

Hendri Hondorp G.H.W.Hondorp@cs.utwente.nl
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 13:40:26 +0200 (MEST)

Hello,

During installation of TeXLive 7 using install-cd.sh, I see a lot
of the same files which are being installed. I'm running on Solaris 8.

Let me explain:

After I selected some extra collections and changed the language collection
and give the install command I see a strange behaviour:
the *.list files in /tmp/.tmp_inst.XXXX have a multiple entries of the
same filename. For example the file tex-latex.list contains 5 entries
named bin/sparc-solaris2.7/latex.

Because of this I get a lot of 'errors' from gtar during the installation
about permissions, this is because the file is already installed.

It looks like the .list files are 'cat' which a previous one with the same
name.

Has someone seen this before? Can it be fixed?

Hendri Hondorp
--
\documentclass{mailmessage}          % Yes it's LaTeX, simple isn't it?
\usepackage{signature}