[tex-live] texdoc

Thomas Esser te@informatik.uni-hannover.de
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 18:15:02 +0200

> Causes a problem for me since I don't have Netscape installed, and it
> would have been nicer if there was an option so that one could change the
> html viewer manually (ofcourse I could just shange the script manually
>  ...)

If you look at texdoc, you'll find the following comment:
  # Viewing programs, according to filename extension.  (You can
  # override or add to them by setting environment variables).
and later:
  : ${TEXDOCVIEW_html='netscape -remote openURL'"'(%s)'"' 2>/dev/null || netscape %s &'}

So, all you need to do is to set the environment variable TEXDOCVIEW_html
to whatever you need before starting texdoc.

Thomas