[tex-live] pdftex choking on czhyph

Staszek Wawrykiewicz StaW@guests.ipipan.gda.pl
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 03:36:43 +0200 (CEST)

Petr Olsak <olsak@math.feld.cvut.cz> wrote:

> ... but the TeX live with this bug is unusable for Czech
> users. So, I am asking the author of the change in pdftex.ini file:

I agree with Petr. The problem is that pdftex.ini inputs now bplain.tex
instead of just plain.tex and such change was introduced in TL7 for CSTUG
(and teTeX-beta). I'd rather suggest adding pdfbplain.ini
and one more line to fmtutil.cnf:
#!pdfbplain      pdftex          language.dat    pdfbplain.ini

For the same reason as Petr described we use in Poland pdfmex format.
>From my side I can only add that including only hyphenation patterns
(and some simple tricks) is poor-man solution to typeset real language
specific texts (in the context of plain.tex based formats).

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
email: staw@gust.org.pl