[tex-live] HPUX 10.20 compilations problems

Karl Berry karl@freefriends.org
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 16:34:05 -0400

    > 	./../klibtool link c++ -o pdftex ...

I am surprised that klibtool is still being used.

libtool itself has grown tremendously and I would guess is much more
reliable on a wider variety systems than the little klibtool script I
wrote could ever hope to be.  I don't know if it supports the particular
case of wanting to link one library (c++) statically, but it might.

Also, rather than (or as an alternative to) linking statically, it might
be more desirable, and work on more systems, to add the dynamic lib dir
into the binary with -R or the equivalent.  I wish gcc did this
automatically, since no c++ program will run without it, but they have
rejected the suggestion more than once.