[tex-live] babel's greek nonfree

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz@oucs.ox.ac.uk
06 Oct 2002 17:34:34 +0100

On Sun, 2002-10-06 at 17:36, Apostolos Syropoulos wrote:
.

> Feel free to do it. Then of course there will be no Greek language
> support for the babel package.

Unfortunately, it is a bit more complicated that that - I cannot
unliterally take greek out of Babel; which means I must omit
Babel altogether; and Babel is a required component of LaTeX, so I have
to omit LaTeX.  The same argument will no doubt be followed by Thomas
for teTeX, so your small addition to the licensing of greek might take
the LaTeX base distribution entirely out of two of the commonest TeX
distributions.....

good news for ConTeXt, perhaps?