[tex-live] installation where all the files from the CD is already on the system

Lars Madsen daleif@imf.au.dk
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 11:08:13 +0200 (METDST)

> it takes about 15 minutes on my Linux PC. is that too much?

On my laptop it took approx 20 min from the CD

I don't read it from cd, we mounted it on a linux mashine and then I
copied the entire cd on to the file system, otherwise I couldn't get to it
for out UNIX mashines. I'm trying to create a better LaTeX installation
for our system (HP-UX (10.20 + 11) and Linux) so I need to compile it on
HP-UX 10. So I'm just doing a complete installation, just for testing.

But our file system is a bit slow, the last time when I installed a local
copi for used with Linux it took 3 hours and 45 mins.

> > gtar: Cannot add file usergrps/cstug/pdftex/index.html: No such file or
> > directory
> > gtar: Cannot add file usergrps/cstug/people_related/index.html: No such
> > file or directory
> >
> > I can't go further up up to see if there's something wrong, but does this
> > matter?
>
> hopefully not, though I am surprised
>
> you *can* just drag the whole texmf tree from CD to your disk. if that
> takes more than 10 minutes, you have a very defective CD reader.....

At the moment I have to move to another disk because the two cds and the
new installation just filled up the other one, so now installation were
made, I'll tri again later.

The question above should just be ignored.