[tex-live] Tex Live 7 : font search path - installation bug?

Stephen Cook s.c.cook@reading.ac.uk
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 13:33:59 -0000

I've installed Tex Live 7 from the CD onto a PC running Windows 2000. I
think I have found a bug in the installation procedure that results in a
faulty search path for fonts with pdflatex.

If I exercise the option in the installation procedure to install to my
choice of directory then the installation appears to succeed but
pdflatex fails to find the installed Type-1 fonts and uses bitmap fonts
instead. This generates warnings in the pdflatex log and produces a PDF
file that neither Acrobat 5 nor GhostView can display (they both
complain about missing fonts). However, the Type-1 fonts are
(apparently) installed; kpsewhich can find them.

If I install into the default directory, everything works fine.

This looks like a bug to me (but if you think that it might be caused by
something strange in my Windows configuration, please let me know your
suggestions).

Stephen Cook
Applied Software Engineering Research Group
School of Systems Engineering
University of Reading
PO Box 225                              Email : S.C.Cook@reading.ac.uk
Whiteknights                             Tel. : +44 (0)118 931 6423
Reading RG6 6AY                           Fax : +44 (0)118 975 1822
UK                                URL : http://www.rdg.ac.uk/~sis99scc/