[tex-live] How to maintain Omega

Roozbeh Pournader roozbeh@sharif.edu
Mon, 27 May 2002 03:05:16 +0430 (IRST)

Just recently, after John gave me write access to Omega's CVS, I found
that how much hard it is to maintain a CVS for Omega. Already, many parts
of the tree are outdated simply because TeXLive is going on full throttle
these days. Having someone update these, will be a huge burden, also since
there is not always only a single copy of a file in the three.

So I was thinking about keeping just a small tree, and somehow defining
which are the parts that Omega people should maintain and the parts that
TeXLive people should. And it will be the responsiblity of developers to
fetch each part from each source. They should also send some of the
patches to TeXLive repository and the others to Omega repository.

This is just the general idea. I would appreciate any ideas that would
lead to easing the pain of maintainance, to let people develop.

roozbeh