[tex-live] xdvik-22.40i segfaults with large .map files

Thomas Esser te@informatik.uni-hannover.de
Fri, 24 May 2002 22:18:37 +0200

> >Why do we have that i686-pc-linux-gnu in addition to i386-linux? Can't
>
> This is how my build host identifies itself; RedHat binaries for TeXLive 6
> were made in the same environment. Ask Sebastian...
>
> If we need i386 binaries and someone already is doing it,  I'm all for it...

Ah, I was just confused about Build/Binaries/bin vs. Master/bin. The
install script has some hard-coded systems it knows about. And for linux
on *86, it will use files from i386-linux, nothing else.

So, a i686-pc-linux-gnu in Master/bin would not be useful. But, it is
somewhere else, so all is good...

Thomas