[tex-live] xdvik-22.40i segfaults with large .map files

Thomas Esser te@informatik.uni-hannover.de
Thu, 23 May 2002 17:04:50 +0200

Hi,

I am back home now and can work on updating xdvi to the latest version now.
Nobody has disagreed about the update of the sources, so I suggest the
following:

- I start updating xdvik in my teTeX sources and see if all goes well
  (from the diff, I have seen that the autoconf stuff has slightly
  changed, so this needs some testing / integration)
- as soon as everything works, I check mail and see if anybody disagrees
  about the update
- I'll check in the new stuff into the perforce tree if nobody has
  disagreed so far

How can we get new binaries for xdvik after the sources are changed? I
doubt that all people who have contributed binaries are on this list...

What do we do if we can't get a new xdvik on all platforms? I guess,
we should distribute the old binary and keep the old sources somewhere
(-> GPL requires this).

Thomas