[tex-live] Re: recent image on W2K - old and new problems

Janusz S. Bień jsbien@mimuw.edu.pl
22 May 2002 23:01:18 +0200

On Wed, 22 May 2002  Fabrice Popineau <Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr> wrote:

[...]

> Easier to work from a fake cdrom, aka some partition on your hd or
> network where you have a copy of the cdrom. Possibly use a share with
> read only permissions.

1. Good news: I can install now NT Emacs in a chosen location and run
   TL directly from CD. I still think that selecting the editor is
   confusing but that is another matter.

2. When I try to view a *.dvi file, I got the lot of messages of the form

        windvi: special "src:23sample2e.tex" not implemented

3. When copying CD I noticed that the directory

        \texmf\doc\fonts\devanagr\
   contains both `readme' and `Readne'.

Best regards

Janusz