[tex-live] Re: recent image on W2K - old and new problems

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr
Wed, 22 May 2002 20:47:08 +0200

* Thomas Esser <te@informatik.uni-hannover.de> writes:

> The reason is that the map files are not generated by my updmap
> script. My updmap approach assumes everything in one map file for
> each application (at least as far as the system-wide configuration
> is concerned). The map files should only be known to updmap and not
> listed in the configuration of each application (dvips, pdftex,
> xdvi, gsftopk).

Yes, but Sebastian (and I) started with the other approach not so long
ago. It is also possible to edit the various config file each time a
new package holding some .map file is installed. However your approach
might be more flexible.

Fabrice