[tex-live] Re: recent image on W2K - old and new problems

Staszek Wawrykiewicz StaW@guests.ipipan.gda.pl
Wed, 22 May 2002 16:55:06 +0200 (CEST)

I wrote:
> TeXSetup can be run from the hard disk, e.g.:
> c:\zzz\texsetup.exe --local-source-directory=e:\
> where e: is CD-ROM drive letter, see: texsetup --help

but, unfortunatelly, TeXLive.exe cannot be run in such a way.
Workaround for testing texlive.exe: unpacking the whole CD
on another partition, changing files, etc. (or waiting for the next
.iso ;-)

TeXSetup from May, 22nd works well on win98. Fabrice, thanks for
repairing shell links preparation on w95 and w98.
NTEmacs installs in c:\NTEmacs so I guess that selecting another
directory works only from TeXLive menu, right?

>From my point of view, now it is very important checking why
windvi canot start mktexpk->gsftopk for fonts *already* registered
in $VARTEXMF/dvips/config/config.ps (but dvips uses them well).

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
email: staw@gust.org.pl