[tex-live] texlive7 and MacOSX

Gerben Wierda sherlock@rna.nl
Mon, 20 May 2002 10:44:30 +0200

> I asked to Sebastian to add
>
>     'Power Macintosh':Darwin:*:*)
>     echo powerpc_darwin${UNAME_RELEASE}
>     exit 0 ;;
>
> in the case statement of config.guess. I think it is done.

The stock config.guess/sub from the net should work fine it contains
everything for Mac OS X.

>> ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/comp/macosx/volumes/TeX-thin.dmg (only
>> installer)
>
> it is arlready in MACOSX directory. (and seems to be incompatible --
> Gerben
> do you confirm that? -- with cd install so the user must choose
> between :
>
> 1 install-cd.sh : no need of internet, big texmf tree if needed,
> darwin5.3
> binaries

darwin 5.3 binaries are the same as darwin 5.4 binaries, they just were
produced with the same compiler setup on a different os version.

> 2 TeX-thin.dmg : download teTeX from Internet, darwin5.4, upgrade
> ability,
> but of course more little texmf tree.
>
> I will submit a readme.mac file explaining that.

If people install from the CD in /usr/local/teTeX they will be able to
use i-Installer to update the program side of TeX (not the texmf side)
safely.

> Gerben, should it be possible to release 5.4 binaries from TeXlive
> source ?

Not needed and maybe they already are.