[tex-live] tldoc notes

Staszek Wawrykiewicz StaW@guests.ipipan.gda.pl
Fri, 17 May 2002 06:13:13 +0200 (CEST)

Sebastian wrote:
> html links to the one in Master/texmf/doc/tldoc. PDF
> pulls it on the spot.
>
> I am afraid I have not been even looking at the results
> of these documentation runs.....

As expected, pdf files have current screen shots, but html
versions have old ones ;-}

Volker wrote:
> My set consisted of
>    examples/*.eps      14.278.241 bytes
>    graphics/*.gif         621,130 bytes
>    graphics/*.jpg         417.076 bytes
>    graphics/*.gif         748.442 bytes
> each with 11 objects

Oops, to clean all that mess it should be *during* preparation
(.../Build/cdbuild/):

.../tldocsource/pictures/*.gif (or .png, but we'd better stick with
                                just .gif used for html)

*exactly* the same directory should go to Master/texmf/tldoc/
as html files refer to ../pictures/
At the moment we use *only* .gif for html files so .jpg files are just
wasting space on the CD.

.../tldocsource/english/examples/ all .eps, .jpg, *.tex used for
producing pdf version (and .ps if somebody from the team wants it),
as well html version which includes *.tex files verbatim.

.../tldocsource/deutsch (slovak, polish, etc.) have link to
  ../english/examples
which should be converted to the subdirectory
deutsch/examples/ etc. when somebody prepares it on Windows.
That's all.

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
email: staw@gust.org.pl