[tex-live] Re: TL7 deadline on May, 19??

TUG Office office@tug.org
Thu, 09 May 2002 15:50:22 -0700

Hello from the TUG office,

At 12:05 AM 5/10/02 +0200, you wrote:
>Staszek Wawrykiewicz wrote:
>
>>>Concerning CD production: I talked to Lehmanns yesterday about TeXLive 7.
>>>Chr. Kaeder decided to produce a CD set with two CDs in a digifile package
>>>(= cardboard box). Costs for the user groups max 1.50 Euro per set. Definite
>>>prices mid of next week.
>>
>>Volker, have you already fixed the deadline for Lehmanns?
>no!
>Production will start when the CD is ready (with decent documentation).
>Yesterday I got the prices from Lehmanns:
>    2 CD set in digifile package
>       1.50 Euro + VAT and shipping for Euro zone countries
>       1.40 $ for non Euro zone countries

We've been given a price of $1.14 for a 2 CD set (inserted in to a dual CD
paper window ~ not a digifile).

>>As Sebastian wrote, deadline would be on May, 19. :(
>>I wonder if that deadline can be still acceptable, since I see many
>>things to correct, and I don't want to see Fabrice beeing under pressure.
>I don't know. Having in mind last years stepwise refinement of documentation
>it took longer than one week. At least, we (DANTE) are not under presure of
>producing the CDs immediatelly for distribution. Anyone is??

We are not under pressure to produce the CD's *immediately*
either...though, if possible, we would like to mail them sometime in June.

Robin