[tex-live] After EuroBachoTeX

Staszek Wawrykiewicz StaW@gust.org.pl
Mon, 6 May 2002 08:31:37 +0200 (CEST)

I'd like to clean up all that mess concerning the EuroBachoTeX release.
As I wrote before, it was considered as very beta, so thanks to Martin
(and, of course, Sebastian and Fabrice, as they participated perfectly
on-line ;-) I produced only 12 copies containg (compared to the iso
from 20020427):
1. corrected tex-langczechslovak.tpm
2. changed install-cd.sh
3. changed startup scripts for NTEmacs

That's all. As we have iso from 20020504, which contains the above
changes (and some more), all references to 20020427 can be forgotten.
The iso image `release' should be removed.
The experience from Bachotek was really important, believe me.

The main problem discussed here was: how to keep track on changes
in the main documentation (live.tex) for translations to other
languages. As for me, I always try to check the original file on
http://www.tug.org/texlive/tlprod/Build/cdbuid/tldocsource/english/
but it is annoying, so I'd propose to inform about any change to the
members of that mailing list. Unfortunatelly, not all people making
translations read that list!
For those having access to tug I can provide the old live.tex
as it was on 2001.07.16, see /home/staw/live1607.tex (on request
I can send it directly). I hope that comparing it against the current
live.tex can help.

The other problem is that for many packages we have empty description
fields in tpm files. Last year I filled up ~30 descriptions, but it seems
to be so heavy to my poor English ;-) I found one volunteer who started
working with on `A' alphabetically. As I can imagine, such missing
descriptions should go first to Graham Williams (Catalogue), then
parsed to tpm files. Any idea and help would be welcome. I hope that
after filling such missing descriptions we can have at least an index
what is on the TL CD.

--
Staszek Wawrykiewicz
email: staw@gust.org.pl