[tex-live] (no subject)

Daniel Flipo Daniel.Flipo@univ-lille1.fr
Thu, 02 May 2002 11:07:34 +0200

Hi all,

I have installed texlive1-20020427.iso (the Bachotek release ;-)
on a Linux machine.
Everything ran fine for me, except the following small glitches:

1) there is a texmf/fonts/type/public/yhmath directory which should be
              texmf/fonts/type1/public/yhmath  (typo?)

2) In texmf/doc/latex/eurofont, there are 2 files
   eurofont.dtx  and  eurofont.ins which should be in
   texmf/source/latex/eurofont/; probably eurofont.dvi should be extracted
   from the .dtx file and put in texmf/doc/latex/eurofont.

3) The installation process complains about missing
   texmf/doc/latex/lettrine/demo.ps   and
   texmf/doc/latex/lettrine/demo.tex.
   These files are required in lettrine.tpm but are not available on the CD.

4) The array size in texmf.cnf are still not the same for
   latex and hugelatex (one spurious '0' in lines marked '<='?).

% redundant. all LaTeX should be huge
main_memory.hugelatex = 1500000
param_size.hugelatex = 1500
stack_size.hugelatex = 1500
hash_extra.hugelatex = 15000
string_vacancies.hugelatex = 45000
pool_free.hugelatex = 47500
nest_size.hugelatex = 500
save_size.hugelatex = 5000
pool_size.hugelatex = 1250000
max_strings.hugelatex = 55000
font_mem_size.hugelatex= 400000

% standard LaTeX is itself huge

main_memory.latex = 1500000
param_size.latex = 15000          <=
stack_size.latex = 15000          <=
hash_extra.latex = 150000         <=
string_vacancies.latex = 450000   <=
pool_free.latex = 475000          <=
nest_size.latex = 5000            <=
save_size.latex = 50000           <=
pool_size.latex = 1250000
max_strings.latex = 550000        <=
font_mem_size.latex= 4000000      <=

5) Two dependencies problems:

   5a) aeguill.tpm  requires texmf/tex/latex/platex/ot4cmr.fd
       (this one is correctly installed), but the "plfonts"
       texmf/fonts/tfm/pl/pl*.tfm and  texmf/fonts/type/pl/pl*.pfb
       are not installed.

   5b) tex-context.tpm requires  tex-etex, but this one is (still)
       not installed automatically. You have to select tex-etex too,
       when you select the tex-context collection.

That all for me!

Daniel Flipo                        Courriel : Daniel.Flipo@univ-lille1.fr
UFR de Mathématiques -- Bâtiment M2      Tél : (33/0) 3 20 43 67 75
Université des Sciences et Technologies  Fax : (33/0) 3 20 43 67 74
F-59655 Villeneuve d'Ascq Cedex          France