[tex-live] texlive-final-20010730.iso.bz2, windows, and 'SIunits'

Robert Bassett robert.bassett@datacore.com
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 10:03:40 -0500


I run on a Windows 2000 Intel platform.  I downloaded the bzipped
image of the CD from ftp://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/texlive,
file name 'texlive-final-20010730.iso.bz2'.

I used bzip2 (--help says it's version 1.0.0 (16-May-2000)) to explode 
this image, and then I used a CD burner utility to create my CD.  All 
went very well.  It runs and is perfectly usable for my purposes.

However, when I copied the CD to my hard drive (so I can use the CD
player for something else), Windows indicated problems.  Turns out, 
several directories in the CD image have these two subdirectory 
names 'SIunits' and 'siunits':


This works fine for Unix, where case matters.  However, the Windows
system doesn't like it too much.  

Anyway, the CD is still perfect for my use, so I'm not logging a 
bug to be fixed.  (I haven't even paid dues, so I've no right to 
complain about anything anyway!)  Just thought you'd like to know.

Thanks for a great service,
Robert Bassett