[tex-live] compiling with -j

Martin Schroeder martin@oneiros.de
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 12:10:10 +0100

On 2002-03-12 17:23:07 +0100, Thomas Esser wrote:
> > Now I have the effect that the same target is made in parallel --
> > which of course doesn't work. E.g. I get
>
> Argh... No, I have no idea how this can be fixed. Maybe, you can find
> a hint in the Makefiles of the Linux kernel...

The problem was really in the makefiles: Multiple targets
generated by one program call have to expressed with pattern
rules, not static rules.

I've fixed the Makefiles so that at least a "make -j pdftex
pdfetex" works; I hope I've broken nothing in the process (at
least a "configure;make" still works).

Best regards
        Martin
--