[tex-live] TL7 on Linux: devanagari not Live and obsolete

François Patte francois.patte@math-info.univ-paris5.fr
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 12:06:49 +0200

Sebastian Rahtz wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 07:55:44AM +0200, Janusz S. Bie? wrote:
>
>>Tex Live 7 is missing the Linux binaries for `devnag' preprocessor
>>needed by the devanagari package.
>

> Yes, I am afraid it was always going to be like that. Since
> I know nothing about indic languages and the software,
> I am entirely dependent on someone else to set up indic
> components of TeX Live. Unless/until someone packages
> up devnag so that it fits in the TeX Live source tree,
> we won't get binaries.

The devnag preprocessor is up-to-date on CTAN in
language/devanagari/distrib/ (devnag.c and binary version devnag.exe)

> does anyone like the idea of regularly compiling something
> which says
>
> /tmp/ccD8tQ3j.o(.text+0x1e3f): the `gets' function is dangerous and should not be used.
>
> by the way?

I don't understand this!! I don't get any warning nor error messages
doing this:

g++ devnag.c -o devnag

(gcc version 2.96 20000731)

Best regards.

--
François Patte. UFR de mathématiques et informatique.
45 rue des St Pères. 75270 Paris Cedex 06