[tex-live] Omega problem also under Solaris and RH

Kaja P. Christiansen kaja@daimi.au.dk
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 12:05:43 +0200

Gerben Wierda writes:

 > Now, the only thing *I* can do is remove the latest Developer tools
 > (April) and go back to the December ones, because that was what I used
 > before. I upgraded after TL was done (or so I thought... )

I was ready to submit the binaries for Irix/Sparc Solaris/RedHat
but after reading Gerben's letter, I decided to try omega and lambda
formats. Argh, omega crashes under Solaris and RedHat as well...

I am now in doubt what to do next. The error messages are below,
hope someone can offer a patch...

Solaris:
 hyphenation (/users/kaja/texlive/Master/texmf/tex/generic/hyphen/hyphen.tex))
 Segmentation Fault - core dumped
 fmtutil: /users/kaja/texlive/Master/texmf-var/web2c/omega.fmt successfully generated.
 omega: fatal: Could not undump 1 4-byte item(s).

RedHat:
 hyphenation (/users/kaja/texlive/Master/texmf/tex/generic/hyphen/hyphen.tex))
 /users/kaja/texlive/Master/bin/i386-linux/mktexfmt: line 37:  7676 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) $engine -ini $tcxflag $fmtswitch $prgswitch $texargs 1>&2
 fmtutil: /users/kaja/texlive/Master/texmf-var/web2c/omega.fmt successfully generated.
 omega: fatal: Could not undump 1 4-byte item(s).

Kaja