[tex-live] New info on omega/Mac OS X problem. Baffles me completely.

Gerben Wierda sherlock@rna.nl
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 01:31:48 +0200

On Monday, June 3, 2002, at 01:23 , Sebastian Rahtz wrote:

>> So, to solve this riddle, I need to know what web2c install does that
>> might influence the outcome of an install.
>
> it doesnt do a "strip", for one thing.

I meant a 'make install' in the source tree, not a install of the TL CD.
And make install does a strip.

In the meantime, I found the source of my confusion. The stuff in
Build/source/bin was old and was not remade because I changed the flags
for configure wrt datadir and prefix again because stuff ended up being
installed in strange places. Hence, I was comparing a new omega (that
crashes with a bus error) with an old one (that does not).

Now, the only thing *I* can do is remove the latest Developer tools
(April) and go back to the December ones, because that was what I used
before. I upgraded after TL was done (or so I thought... )

Downgrading the tools however is giving me some problems. I'll work as
fast as I can, but I can't work miracles. And I do have to sleep.