[tex-live] source changes

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Sat, 1 Jun 2002 23:56:34 +0100

On Sat, Jun 01, 2002 at 07:34:41PM +0200, Olaf Weber wrote:

> ... these changes are localized and comparatively simple.  While I got
> the banner change to work, the way in which I did so promises to be
> comparatively hard to maintain.
>
> Given the amount of time it took for even this case to be discovered,
> I really prefer to make just these simple fixes now and use more time
> (e.g., TL 8) to make definitive ones.

You would definitely prefer the banner change *not* to be made,
because you feel it would raise expectations about the way web2c
is going? I don't want to do that at all. On the other hand,
I don't want anyone to point at me and say "you broke the rules". Can
you imagine what Jonathan Fine will say when he reads this lot?