[tex-live] Question about redistributing the TeX Live CDs

Ado Haarer Ado.Haarer@lrz-muenchen.de
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 11:17:17 +0200

Dear TeX Live Team,

my name is Ado Haarer, I am the TeX coordinator at the Leibniz-
Rechenzentrum in Munich/Germany, which is the computing center
for the universities of Munich.

I am very interested in redistributing the TeX Live CDs to
the departments and students of these universities, but I am
not absolutely sure whether I am allowed to do this. The
"Copying conditions for TeX Live7" (www.tug.org/license.html)
say that "all the material contained on the CD may be freely
used and copied". But am I also allowed to copy and redistribute
the complete CDs?

I am looking forward to your answer!

Best regards,
--
Ado Haarer                             |  Leibniz-Rechenzentrum
Phone:  +49 89 289 28714               |  Barer Strasse 21