[tex-live] too many files

Martin Schroeder martin@oneiros.de
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 00:29:20 +0100

On 2002-02-26 16:43:08 -0500, Karl Berry wrote:
> the first.  But just making GPL-d binaries available on a cd without the
> source also being available in the "same" place certainly violates the
> spirit if not perhaps the letter of the GPL.

"Only" the spirit. A "written offer" [GPL §3b] is enough; someone
has to provide the cds if someone wants them. I doubt that we
would find someone for that (although TUG or DANTE would be
natural choices). And it's certainly a problem when we imagine
TeXlive distributed globally in places where it would be
difficult to get the other cd.

Best regards
    Martin
--