[tex-live] TeXLive 7 with cygwin

David Carlisle davidc@nag.co.uk
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 10:27:53 +0100

> If you are certain to use TeXLive .exe files, that's ok. There is a
> remaining issue : I wonder how texlive win32 binaries will handle the
> strange way cygwin has (or had ?) to specify paths with drives.
>
> Fabrice

As long as you mount the cygwin drives so the absolute paths are
the same as under windows, fptex (texlive6, not tried 7 yet) works very
nicely under cygwin.

the one thing I've missed (if it could be added easily) is that
texlive's tex doesn't follow cygwin symbolic links which isn't a
surprise but it would be nice if it could be done, I think they
end up looking like a windows "shortcut" to a native windows app.

David