[tex-live] releases and deadlines

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 23:36:40 +0100

OK, things are now clearer in my mind:

 a) I am just making a new set of images now. this
 is the Bachotex release, dated April 25th. the only
 change to this will be if Fabrice releases new binaries
 tonight or early tomorrow. ie there *may* be a April 26 release.

 b) The final release will be on May 19th. I am away the following
 week, so its a good deadline for me. Unless something
 unexpected happens in between then and now, I expect
 to declare "finis!" on May 18th.

so my plan is to make no new image releases after tomorrow,
but to ask people to test the system as it now is for 3 weeks.

does that sound fair? should i make a wider appeal
for testers?