[tex-live] Why does 'make extras' fail here on Mac OS X?

Vladimir Volovich vvv@vsu.ru
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 22:40:19 +0400

"GW" == Gerben Wierda writes:

 GW> I ran a configure and make. Then I ran a 'make extras'. This
 GW> fails because for some reason part of the configure is done
 GW> without the right kpathsea lib directory set. How should I
 GW> proceed to get this working?

> it seems that you somehow messed with configuration options:
> kpathsea.a was installed in
> /usr/local/teTeX/lib/libkpathsea.a
> while the --with-kpathsea-lib=/usr/local/teTeX/share/lib
>
> i think that is because you redefined datadir in configure.

when building TeX Live, you can use the script Build in the source
directory (optionally adding --without-x if you need).

there's no need to override prefix, datadir, etc - just use the
default setup from the Build script.

everything will work in another location via the SELFAUTO mechanism.

Best,
v.