[tex-live] Problem with mktexpk

Michael Barr barr@barrs.org
Sat, 15 Sep 2001 14:11:57 -0400 (EDT)

[Can someone help michael?  --karl]

I have been having a problem with font generation.  I have a brand new
computer with Win2000 (NT5) and I just made the standard installation from
the tex live 6 disk, so I know there is no problem with paths or anything.
The standard cm fonts and the like were generated the first time I ran
windvi without problem.  Then I got the xypic distribution and added it to
the tex directory and ran mktexlsr to regenerate the database and tried
viewing a file that used those fonts.  I got a series of error messages
that said things like
mktexpk: warning: can't open xyxyatip.log
and further messages that windvi can't find the file and so on.  This for
each of the xy fonts I used.  I have not set any security features, so
that cannot be the explanation.  Any explanations?

Michael Barr