[tex-live] texdoc(tk) on TL6

Kaja P. Christiansen kaja@daimi.au.dk
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 15:33:52 +0200

I'm in the process of upgrading TeX & friends at our site;
here are a few issues concerning the setup of the documentation.

- texdoc:
TEXDOCSSUFFIX in texmf.cnf is missing .pdf and .tex extensions
(for example, texdoc does not find any of the documents for the
marvellous 'Comprehensive LaTeX Symbol List' on the CD).

- texdoctk:
The TeXdoc database file has not been modified for the TL6 tree
and several (most?) pointers to the documentation are plain wrong.
I am currently checking and correcting the database; if someone
already has a version that works with TL6, please let me know.

Also, we should add the manual page for texdoctk, as it does not
accept the --help option.

Kaja