[tex-live] TL6 master underway - sorry

Arthur Ogawa ogawa@teleport.com
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 14:56:22 -0700

"Kaja P. Christiansen" wrote:

> Arthur Ogawa writes:

>  > (say during the 2-hour download or the burning step). We're simply

> ...I am told it takes about 15 minutes in Florida.

I don't see why the geographic locale would make a difference. Seems
like one's bandwidth to the internet is what counts. At any rate, the
TUG office's connection biggyback's off the ICC connection, which could
be anything but fast.

260 Mb/ 15 min works out to greater than T1 speeds by a hefty factor
(ca. 3x). Who has that kind of connection to the backbone?

Perhaps we should ask them to cut the master instead of burdening the
TUG office, who are obviously not anywhere as well situated.

Arthur Ogawa
TUG Secretary