[tex-live] some small things

Wolfgang Kaspar kaspar@uni-muenster.de
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 18:20:30 +0100

Dear TeX-Live-team,

installing and working with your TeX-Live-5-CD I have noticed the following
small things:

The files
   .tex
   e.tex
   fontsmpl.tex
   h.tex
   q.tex
   r.tex
   s.tex
   verbtest.tex
   x.tex
generated by tools.ins should be stored at texmf\tex\latex\tools.

texmf/doc/german/misc/germdoc.dvi is an old version of gerdoc.dvi and should be
deleted. texmf/doc/latex/german/gerdoc.dvi is the current version (why in
texmf/doc/latex/german and not in texmf/doc/generic/german -- as it was on
TeX-Live-4?).

The first line
   #!/usr/local/bin/perl
in the perl scripts
   extractres
   fix*
   includeres
   psmerge
should be deleted. (I'm not shure if this concerns you.)

Thank you very much for your great work!

Best wishes
Wolfgang Kaspar