texmf.cnf for BLU (2)

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr
13 Mar 2000 20:58:01 +0100

* Staszek Wawrykiewicz <StaW@gust.org.pl> writes:

> TEXMFLOCAL = $SELFAUTOPARENT/texmf-local
> (Fabrice, would you please follow it?)
Yes ...

> VARTEXMF = $SELFAUTOPARENT/texmf-var (can be changed during install,
> or set by user while running TL directly from the CD;

I can use this, if it is needed by Unix.

> TEMP = /var/tmp (is it OK on win32, Fabrice?)

Well, I hope that every windows system have the TEMP variable already
set, so that it will always override this setting, which points to a
non-existent directory on the vast majority of windows machines.

Maybe I should check in the early initialisation of kpathsea that TEMP
points somewhere. But why TEMP, not TMP ?

Also, please consider setting :

TEXMFCNF = .;$VARTEXMF/web2c;{$SELFAUTOLOC,$SELFAUTODIR,$SELFAUTOPARENT}{,{/share,}/texmf{.local,}/web2c};$TETEXDIR;$TEXMF/web2c;@web2c@

rather than the proposed setting where $VARTEXMF was set along
$SELFAUTOLOC : it will be found faster. And remember that _it won't
have any effect if $VARTEXMF is not set in the environment_.

Last thing : I hope that the texmf.cnf file will have ';' as directory
separators ;-)

Fabrice