new binaries for TL5

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 20:27:44 +0000 (GMT)

Kaja P. Christiansen writes:
 > As agreed with Sebastian, I had a look at making the TL5 binaries
 > for Solaris, HP-UX, SGI and Linux (available platforms at Computer
 > Science Department here).

can you make some Linux binaries available to compare with mine?

 > In short, programs compile cleanly under Solaris7, while HPUX and SGI
 > *take time* and several hand-made adjustments. I'd be glad to provide
 > a list of encountered problems.

please do!!! I'd like to fix anything I can. not least because I am
going to ask you to repeat the exercise next week.

 >   Sun          SunOS 5.7       /texlive/bin/sparc-sun-solaris2.7
 >   HPUX         HP-UX 10.20     /texlive/bin/hppa2.0-hp-hpux10.20
 >   SGI          IRIX64 6.5      /texlive/bin/mips-sgi-irix6.5
great, many thanks

 >  - HPUX and SGI: texinfo didn't build. relevant binaries are based on
 >    the original texinfo-4.0 from gnu distribution.
can you talk to Fabrice when he comes back from Dante?

 >  - SGI: freetype didn't build, is missing.
can you tell me where it failed?

 >  - directory texmf-local (current TEXMFLOCAL) should be present for
 >    'texconfig init', otherwise texconfig crashes looking for config.ps file.
 >    (there is texmf-localconfig, but it doesn't seem to be used for anything).

um. i had better check that

sebastian