task list for manufacturing and distributing TeX Live

Fabrice Popineau Fabrice.Popineau@supelec.fr
25 Apr 2000 08:59:57 +0200

* Peter Flynn <pflynn@imbolc.ucc.ie> writes:

>> c:\Local\TeX is the default location.
> Is there some reason for this rather odd choice of directory?  Users
> will expect c:\Program Files\TeX or (at worst) C:\TeX.

I can change it if people agree too. The (undocumented) scheme I
intend is :

c:\Local\bin
        \gstools
        \perl
        \TeX

I could have put TeX in "c:\Program Files\", but TeX and many friends
are not exactly windows applications. Even if tex.exe can deal with
spaces in directories names, I'm a bit afraid ofo people trying (or
forgetting) to quote arguments on the command line.

> Is TeX Live going to change the default installation directory every
> version?

What was the previous one ?

Fabrice