task list for manufacturing and distributing TeX Live

Peter Flynn pflynn@imbolc.ucc.ie
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 23:23:03 +0100 (BST)

> what do you mean by "test"? you mean minimally check it is not a duff
> master CD, or actually use it? if the latter, the sooner the
> better... we suffer badly from insufficient testing, despite the
> truly heroic efforts of Staszek.

I have only just managed to get a PC to test the one I downloaded
with.  Brilliant! It has a one-shot install. Problem is, I left the
office to get a cup of coffee while it did its stuff, and when I came
back it had obviously finished, but there is no trace anywhere of any
TeX system having been installed. Where does it put it? I'll have to
do it again and watch it...

///Peter