TeX Live CD-ROMs for training

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 09:45:23 +0100 (BST)

Fabrice POPINEAU writes:
 > > BTW while trying to make a backup copy of my TL4 I found that if you
 > > copy all of it off onto hard disk, it appears to be impossible to burn
 > > it back complete onto new CD-Rs, because the three files whose names
 > > begin with a period won't copy -- at least not with the version of
 > > Adaptec's Easy-CD that I have. Is this a bug in Easy-CD or a security
 > > "feature"?  :-)

Please don't do this anyway. Copying the files onto a Windows file
systems loses the executable bits in the bin directories, making your
copy useless to Unix/Linux users.

The correct way to make a copy is to suck the file system image off
the CD as a file, and then throw it back bodily. EasyCD should have
a facility to do this.

The original CD image is prepared under Linux, of course.

Sebastian