XML, TL setup

Peter Flynn pflynn@imbolc.ucc.ie
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 16:16:37 +0000 (GMT)

> Also I would like to know what do you think of the way files are
> packaged in TL4. Just to explain what I mean, take the example of
> Omega.  Do you think that several omega (the program) should be
> separated form its support files ?  That more than one package is
> needed for Omega (base, plain, lambda, fonts) ?

Never having used or installed Omega, I can't comment. It would seem
to make most sense for the support files for all implementation to be
taken from a single common master, where the system is capable of
using them (ie if the system conforms to the TDS).

Should we (do we?) distribute non-TDS systems?

> I have reorganised the files in a somewhat different way. All
> programs are gathered with their documentation, man pages, info
> files and basic support files. Not that I mean it will work better
> than the previous scheme. I have spent many evenings fiddling with
> those packages last winter, and I know that it is not easy to find a
> logical way to package all those files.

I'm sure it's not, and Im happy to go with whatever works and is
easiest to support.

///Peter

BTW, can someone fix this list: it's broken -- replies go to the
individual sender instead of the list, which is lunacy for a mailing
list where the _default_ is surely public discussion, not private
response. It should only be necessary to depart from the default on
the very rare occasions when you want to make a personal comment to
the sender. The norm should be that replies go to the list.