TeX live resale

Peter Willadt Willadt@t-online.de
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 18:59:51 +0100

Hello,

DANTE used to offer (and still does) CD-ROMs to its members. Each member
gets one item of each CD-ROM for free. If a member wants more than that,
he can buy more for a nominal fee of about five US-$ (ten deutschmarks).

I think this does not violate the licensing conditions of TeX live.

DANTE used also to sell CD-ROMs to non-members, for 40 deutschmarks each
(about 21 US-$). Mostly this happens in connections with TeX courses and
things like that. Now the question arises if DANTE may continue this
practice with TeX live 4 or if this is no more possible.

I think in earlier times the licensing questions were not taken that
serious.
I also know that in case of doubt I would have to read any license
statemsnt in all the packages on the TeX live CD, but I hope you could
help me with a statement of yours.

I would be very glad if you could reply soon, as the answer is of some
importance for DANTE.

Thanks in advance

Peter Willadt