tex live status

Arthur Ogawa tex-live@tug.org
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 08:20:05 -0500

karl@tug.org wrote:

> I've added myself to the tex live alias and read through the mail archive.

Special thanks to you Karl!

> I see this:
>
>     Some of the software requires that, if it is packaged with other
>     publications, like books or journals, those things be freely
>     copyable.
>
> What software is this?

GhostScript/Peter Deutsch, "GS is not to appear as a draw for a commercial
offering" unless the publisher arranges a license fee with Peter. This is
reasonable, I believe.

This demand bears on GUST's plan to have that Polish magazine bundle in the
CD, so in that case, Sebastian has decided to cut them a special CD, I think.

On this point, TUG is in the clear, so I do not anticipate problems.