[tug-board] distributing the CD as an image for download

Thomas Esser te@informatik.uni-hannover.de
Wed, 30 Jun 1999 14:45:33 +0200 (MET DST)

> I am inclined to start a program of uploading an image file to
> Cambridge only, if Robin is agreeable, and pointing people at it if
> they ask. In any case, people on the tex-live list might like access
> to TeX Live 4b for their own use. Robin, if you have some space, tell
> me where to push to.

Well, that sounds like a useful idea. But, may I suggest to put a gzip'ed
.iso file there? Advantages:
  - takes less disk space
  - takes less time to download
  - has CRC checksums, so if uncompression works, one can be sure that
    the transfer was 100% ok

Thomas